Academic mobility is one of the priority areas of development in Karazin University that includes possibilities for all participants of the educational process to study, teach, have an internship or do scientific research in other high educational institutions in Ukraine or abroad.
According to the government resolution No. 579 of the Cabinet of Ministers in Ukraine “approving the procedure for exercising rights to academic mobility” there are main types of academic mobility:
- Master mobility — studying in a higher educational institution (HEI) other than the permanent place of studying of participants of the educational process to get a degree that is proved by a document(s) about high education or get a degree of two and more higher educational institutions;
- Credit mobility — studying in a higher educational institution (HEI) other than the permanent place of studying of participants of the educational process to get credits (ECTS) or corresponding credits, studying results (without ECTS) that would be recognized in the permanent place of studying of a domestic or foreign participant of educational process. Meanwhile total period of study for such participants by credit mobility programme will stay unchanged.
Academic mobility main goals of the participants of the education process in Karazin University are as following: підвищення якості вищої освіти;
- To improve the quality of scientific research;
- To enhance the competitiveness of university graduates in Ukrainian and world markets of education and labour;
- To enrich the individual experience of the participants of the education process as for other forms of knowledge-creating and sharing;
- To draw on the world intellectual potential to domestic education process based on Bilateral and multilateral agreements between HEI Partners. To establish integration internally and externally;
- to harmonize education standards of Partner HEI.
The order of academic mobility realization by all the participants of the education process is an important step in the implementing of The Law of Ukraine “On high education”
and creating an effective tool for Ukrainian HEI internalization. Based on the information on the official website of The Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science